June 9, 2017
The content on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and it is for informational purposes only.
If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified health care professional immediately. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site. IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1.
Privacy Personal Information
If you have any questions concerning avenova.com privacy practices or wish to access or correct personal data that this website has collected from you, please contact us.
From time to time, various pages on this site will request personal information, e.g. your email address, or name, to subscribe to our mailing list. All personal information is gathered with your specific (opt-in) permission and knowledge. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to answer a question or send you additional information.
Information Gathered on this Site Will Not be Shared
Under no circumstances will information gathered on this site be shared, traded or sold to any other company. It is for the sole use of NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and avenova.com.
Information We May Collect
- Name and contact data: We may collect your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and other similar contact data.
- Demographic data: We may collect data about you such as your age, gender, country of origin or residence, and preferred language.
- Usage data: We may collect data about how you and your device interact with our Services, such as time spent on a site, which pages you have visited, time to accomplish a task etc.).
- Relationship and interaction data: We may collect data about our interactions, such as when you contact us for information and support
- Location data: We may collect data about your location, which can be either precise or imprecise. Precise data includes geolocation data. Imprecise location data includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postcode level.
- Health-related data: We may collect data related to your eye health and other health related information.
- Professional data: We may collect data related your practice or profession and information regarding your business needs and all other personally identifiable information you provide to us.
- Legally Required Information: We may collect additional data about you that is related to patient safety and adverse events, or that may be required by laws that apply to Avenova.
Failing to provide required information may prevent you from completing certain transactions, but it will not affect your ability to use our site.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies. Please look at your particular browser for instructions on these functions. You may also wish to refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
Your browser settings and other tools to control cookies and similar technologies may impact your experience with our services.
We use various types of cookies, as well as similar technologies such as Local Shared Objects (or “Flash Cookies”) and web beacons (also called single-pixel tags) to identify your IP address, browser type, device characteristics, domain name, referring URLs and specific links and web pages through which you click. This data is collected automatically and is used for purposes as mentioned above. This technology also allows us to recognize you when you return to this site and to provide you with a customized experience that we feel will be of value to you.
To ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Avenova website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Generally, social networks are interactive tools that enable you to collaborate and share information. Avenova.com may collect certain personal data from you to enable you to use online social network features. NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. or avenova.com may also use these tools to post or share personal data with others. When using social networks, you should be very vigilant about what personal data you choose to share with others. NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. or avenova.com provides notices and choices about how personal data is collected, used and disclosed on its website, social networks and other services.
Other parties posting information about NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. or Avenova is their own opinion and it is not endorsed by NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Avenova or avenova.com.
Web Analytics and Statistics
We use web analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect website analytics. The information generated about website usage (including your shortened IP address) is transmitted to these web analytics services. This information is used to evaluate visitors’ use of the domain, compile statistical reports on website activity, and provide other services related to the site and internet use activity. General statistics about this site are tracked on a regular basis. This is done to determine, as an aggregate, which pages on our site are popular, and which ones need some help. We use this information to continually improve the site and its content, but not to monitor the actions of a specific individual.
Avenova may use marketing automation to identify site visitors and deliver the most relevant version of the site possible. To achieve this goal, we may collect certain personally identifiable data in the following circumstances
• Personal information to contact and establish communication
• Downloads of white papers or articles throughout the site
• Account service and response to questions
• The management of Avenova’s monthly e-newsletter, iHaven
• Compiling and aggregating statistics and analyses about users’ use of the Website, products and services, which statistics are used to enable us to provide better service and products to you and others in the future
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Your continued use of our Services following the posting of changes to the Notice will mean you accept those changes. All updates will be posted on this page.
Questions & Concerns